||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||1969 (age 47–48)
Carson City, Nevada
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1987–1991|
|Unit||75th Ranger Regiment|
|Battles/wars||Persian Gulf War|
|Other work||Author, War Correspondent, Television Producer|
Chuck Holton (born 1969) is an American war correspondent for the Christian Broadcasting Network, published author, and motivational speaker. He has also been a freelance cameraman for Fox News, following Oliver North on his travels.
Early life and military career
Holton was born in 1969 in Carson City, Nevada. At age 17 Holton joined the United States Army, shipping off to basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia. Holton is a graduate of both Airborne School and Ranger School, graduating Ranger class 3-89. Holton went on to attend Jumpmaster School, Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Warfare School and Assault Climber school, and was later an instructor at the United States Military Academy at Camp Buckner. Holton was deployed to Panama for Operation Just Cause, where he served as a team leader. He served four years with the 75th Ranger Regiment.
After four years of active duty, Holton joined the Wisconsin Army National guard, where he received training as a helicopter mechanic and eventually became trained as an Aeroscout Observer, flying the Bell OH-58 Kiowa Helicopter. His awards and decorations include the Army Service Ribbon, Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Senior Parachutist Badge, Ranger tab, Expert Infantryman Badge, and Combat Infantryman Badge.
Holton is the author of seven books:
- Stories From a Soldier's Heart: For the Patriotic Soul, 2003, ISBN 1-59052-307-5
- A More Elite Soldier: Pursuing a Life of Purpose, 2003, ISBN 1-59052-215-X
- Bulletproof, the Making of an Invincible Mind, 2005, ISBN 1-59052-398-9
- Allah's Fire (Task Force Valor Series #1), 2006, ISBN 1-59052-405-5
- Island Inferno (Task Force Valor Series #2), 2007, ISBN 1-59052-503-5
- Meltdown (Task Force Valor Series #3), 2009, ISBN 978-1-59052-560-9 
- Making Men - Five Steps to Growing Up, 2011, ISBN 0-615-54439-8
He has also collaborated with Oliver North on two books:
- American Heroes: In the Fight Against Radical Islam (War Stories), 2008, ISBN 978-0-8054-4953-2
- American Heroes in Special Operations, 2010, ISBN 978-0-8054-4712-5
Holton has been a freelance war correspondent, reporting for the Christian Broadcasting Network since 2003, The Life of Duty Network and others. Holton has traveled extensively as a cameraman for LtCol Oliver North. His dispatches and articles appear on CBN's site, and he hosts a web-only television show called Life of Duty: Frontlines. In addition, he maintains a blog entitled "Boots on the Ground", where he discusses issues related to the wars in the Middle East and troop morale.