Chuck Hughes (chef)
This article uses citations that link to broken or outdated sources. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
December 31, 1976
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Chuck Hughes (born December 31, 1976) is a Canadian chef, television personality, and restaurateur. He is the chef and co-owner of Garde Manger and Le Bremner, located in Old Montréal, with partners Tim Rozon and Kyle Marshall Nares.
He became a celebrity chef as the host of the English-language cooking series Chuck's Day Off on the Food Network in Canada and on Cooking Channel in the United States. Since then, he has hosted a travel and cooking show called Chuck's Week Off: Mexico, and Chuck's Eat The Street, where he explores foods along a street in cities around the United States.
Hughes competed on the American cooking show, Iron Chef America, defeating Iron Chef Bobby Flay, becoming the youngest Canadian chef to win, and only the third to do so. He was a competitor on Food Network's The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs competition.
In 2014, Hughes was a recurring judge on season one of Chopped Canada. He also the co-host of French-language version of Knife Fight, À couteaux tirés.
|2006||Ace of Cakes||Himself||Season 1 episode 5: "Duff Goes Hollywood"|
|2009-2011||Chuck's Day Off||Himself/Host|
|2010||The Best Thing I Ever Ate||Himself||Season 4 episode 5 and 6: "Under Wraps" and "Cake Walk"|
|2010-2012||Unique Eats||Himself||25 episodes|
|2011||Iron Chef America||Himself||Season 9 episode 2: "Flay vs. Hughes: Battle Canadian Lobster"|
|Chuck's Week Off||Himself|
|Chefography||Himself||Season 7 episode 1: "Chuck Hughes"|
|Secrets of Montréal: Cultural Gems||Himself|
|The Next Iron Chef||Himself||Contestant|
Season 4: "Super Chefs"
|2011-2012||The Perfect 3||Himself||Season 1 episodes: 9 and 12: "Potato" and "Pies"|
Season 2 episode 18: "Fish"
|2011-2014||Top Chef Canada||Himself||Guest judge|
Season 1 episode 6: "The French Feast"
Season 3 episode 1: "My First Dish"
Season 4 episode 8: "School's Out for the Chefs"
|2012-2014||Chuck's Eat the Street||Himself/Host|
Season 15 episode 4: "Chopped All-Stars: Mega Chefs"
|Food Network's 20th Birthday Party||Himself|
|2014||Chopped Canada||Himself||Recurring judge on season 1|
|2015||Man Fire Food||Himself||Season 4 episode 13: "Puerto Rican Grilling"|
|2017||Chuck & Danny's Road Trip||Himself|
- "Q&A: Chuck Hughes, celebrity chef - Canadian Business - Your Source For Business News". 2 July 2012.
- "Toronto Life article".
- "Restaurant Garde Manger". crownsalts.com.
- "Le Bremner". crownsalts.com.
- "Lesley Chesterman". 13 July 2011. Archived from the original on 13 July 2011.
- "Q&A: Chuck Hughes, celebrity chef - Canadian Business - Your Source For Business News". 2 July 2012. Archived from the original on 11 September 2012. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-11-06. Retrieved 2012-11-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Chef Chuck Hughes Iron Chef Win".
- "Montreal celeb chef Chuck Hughes mulling plan to open Toronto restaurant". 27 October 2011.
- "Chuck Hughes Bio on Cooking Channel". Archived from the original on 2011-10-29. Retrieved 2011-11-10.
|This biographical article on a chef is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|