Number of employees
Chucklefish Limited is a British video game developer and publisher based in London. Founded in 2011 by Finn Brice, the company specialises in retro-styled games. Chucklefish is best known for developing Starbound and Wargroove, as well as publishing Risk of Rain and Stardew Valley.
|2016||Starbound||Action-adventure||Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows|
|2019||Wargroove||Turn-based tactics||Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|TBA||Witchbrook||Simulation, role-playing||Microsoft Windows|
|2011||Wanderlust: Rebirth||Yeti Trunk||Action role-playing||Microsoft Windows|
|2013||Risk of Rain||Hopoo Games||Platform||Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation Vita|
|2014||Halfway||Robotality||Role-playing, strategy||Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows|
|2015||Interstellaria||Coldrice Games||Action role-playing||Microsoft Windows|
|Wanderlust Adventures||Yeti Trunk|
|2016||Stardew Valley||ConcernedApe||Simulation, role-playing||Android, iOS[a]|
|2017||Pocket Rumble||Cardboard Robot Games||Fighting||Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch|
|2018||Treasure Adventure World||Robit Studios||Metroidvania||Microsoft Windows|
|Timespinner||Lunar Ray Games||Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita|
|2019||Pathway||Robotality||Role-playing, strategy||Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows|
|Inmost||Hidden Layer Games||Platform||Microsoft Windows, iOS, Nintendo Switch|
|2020||Eastward||Pixpil||Action-adventure||macOS, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch|
|TBA||Starmancer||Ominux Games||Simulation||Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows|
|The Siege and the Sandfox||Cardboard Sword||Stealth, Metroidvania||Microsoft Windows|
In 2019, Chucklefish were accused of exploiting around a dozen voluntary contributors during the development of Starbound, sometimes logging hundreds of hours with no compensation. Many of them were teenagers at the time and stated that they felt their inexperience was exploited by the company's director, Finn Brice. In a statement, Chucklefish said that contributors were under no obligation to create content or put in any particular number of hours.
- Donnelly, Joe (2 October 2017). "Chucklefish on Wargroove's ambitious branching narratives and mod support". PC Gamer. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- Romano, Sal (23 January 2019). "Wargroove launches February 1 for Xbox One, Switch, and PC, "soon" for PS4". Gematsu. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- Wood, Adrian (14 March 2018). "Chucklefish's mysterious magic school RPG officially named WitchBrook". PC Gamer. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- Brown, Fraser (10 September 2014). "Wayward Tide: Starbound developer Chucklefish's next game is a co-op swashbuckler". PCGamesN. Network N. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "Timespinner launches today on PC, PS4 & PS Vita!". blog.chucklefish.org. 25 September 2018. Retrieved 1 December 2018.
- Blake, Vikki (18 August 2018). "Chucklefish announces atmospheric story-driven puzzle platformer, Inmost". PC Gamer. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- Lane, Gavin (19 August 2019). "Eastward Is Bringing A Lovely-Looking Apocalypse To Switch Next Year". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 20 August 2019.
- Horti, Samuel (11 March 2018). "Chucklefish to publish space station sim Starmancer". PC Gamer. Retrieved 11 March 2018.
- Chalk, Andy (31 August 2019). "Chucklefish responds to allegations it exploited volunteer Starbound developers". PC Gamer. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- Campbell, Colin (2 September 2019). "Young developers on Starbound say Chucklefish exploited their free work". Polygon. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- Previously published versions for Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Xbox One from 2016–2018 and the Nintendo Switch from 2017–2019
|This United Kingdom video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|