|• Estimate (2015)||57,380|
Chulucanas is a town in Morropón Province, Piura Region, Peru. It lies in the Piura Valley just north of the confluence of the Charanal River with the Piura River. Chulucanas is the administrative seat for both Chulucanas District and Morropón Province.
The town is famous for its pottery. Originally dating from pre-Inca times it is today exported all over the world. It is one of seven products that the Peruvian government supports through its Center for Technological Innovation (CITE). Designs are varied, but are predominated by black and white. There are several bigger companies but a lot of small manufactures are in Chulucanas itself and in the nearby village of Quatro Esquinas.
A major festival for the town is the Fiesta de Cristo Resucitad at Easter.
Operating in Chulucanas is Victor's Vision, a nonprofit organization which provides supplemental academic and personal support, guidance, and resources to bright, impoverished youth.
Notes and references
- Perú: Población estimada al 30 de junio y tasa de crecimiento de las ciudades capitales, por departamento, 2011 y 2015. Perú: Estimaciones y proyecciones de población total por sexo de las principales ciudades, 2012-2015 (Report). Instituto Nacional de Estadística e Informática. March 2012. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- Chulucanas (Approved - N) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Río Charanal (Approved - N) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Piura, Peru, SB 17-07, (Map) (second ed.). 1:250,000. Joint Operations Graphic, Series 1501 Air. United States Armay Topographic Command. 1994.
- Carmen, Jim (26 November 2007). "Alejandro Suyon and the Making of Chulucanas Pottery". eBay Guides. Archived from the original on 26 May 2014.
- Ministerio de Comercio Exterior y Turismo (MINCETUR) (June 2007). "Plan de desarrollo del mercado de Estados Unidos de América" (PDF). pp. 348–349. Archived (PDF) from the original on 5 April 2015.
- "Chulucanas vive la fiesta de Cristo Resucitado". Chulucanas Noticias. 5 April 2015. Archived from the original on 8 April 2015.
- "Victor's Vision: Our Story". Victor's Vision.
|This Piura Region geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|