|No. 3 – Orlando Magic|
|Born||August 18, 1998|
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||230 lb (104 kg)|
|High school||Westlake (Atlanta, Georgia)|
|NBA draft||2019 / Round: 1 / Pick: 16th overall|
|Selected by the Orlando Magic|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Chukwuma "Chuma" Okeke (born August 18, 1998) is an American professional basketball player for the Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association (NBA). A power forward, he was drafted 16th overall by the Magic in the 2019 NBA Draft. He played college basketball for the Auburn Tigers.
High school career
Okeke attended Westlake High School in Atlanta. As a junior, he won the Georgia Class 6A state championship, scoring 13 points in a 68–58 win over Pebblebrook High School. Okeke was named Mr. Georgia Basketball after his senior season, through which he averaged 24.4 points, 15 rebounds and 2.4 steals per game. He was a consensus four-star recruit and was ranked among the top 50 players in his class by some scouting services.
As a sophomore, Okeke averaged 12 points, 6.8 rebounds, 1.8 steals, and 1.2 blocks per game while starting in all 38 games. On March 29, 2019, in a Sweet 16 win over top-seeded North Carolina at the 2019 NCAA Tournament, he tore his ACL and was injured for the rest of the tournament. Despite his absence, Auburn advanced to its first Final Four appearance in program history.
Orlando Magic (2019–present)
On June 20, 2019, Okeke was selected with the 16th overall pick by the Orlando Magic in the 2019 NBA draft. Okeke was considered to be a lottery pick in the draft, but after suffering an ACL injury in the 2019 NCAA Tournament, he fell to the 16th selection by the Magic, and was referred to by ESPN analyst, Mike Schmitz as the "steal of the draft."
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Ostendorf, Greg (February 7, 2018). "Getting to know Chuma Okeke". Auburn University Athletics. Retrieved May 16, 2019.
- Purdum, David (March 5, 2016). "Class AAAAAA boys: Westlake 68, Pebblebrook 58". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved May 16, 2019.
- Sinor, Wesley (March 24, 2017). "Auburn signee Chuma Okeke is Georgia's Mr. Basketball". AL.com. Retrieved May 16, 2019.
- "Chuma Okeke". Auburn University Athletics. Retrieved May 16, 2019.
- "Chuma Okeke Player Profile". RealGM. Retrieved May 16, 2019.
- Teicher, Adam (March 31, 2019). "How Auburn survived without (and because of) Chuma Okeke". ESPN. Retrieved May 16, 2019.
- "While Orlando Magic fans complained, experts loved Chuma Okeke". June 22, 2019.
- "Chuma Okeke". USA Basketball. Retrieved May 16, 2019.