Chung Cheng High School (Yishun)
|Chung Cheng High School (Yishun)
Zhōngzhèng Zhòngxué Yì shùn
Sekolah Tinggi Chung Cheng Yishun
|11 Yishun Street 61, Singapore 768547
(Success through Diligence & Perseverance)
|Principal||Mr Yap Thiam Chuan|
|Affiliation||Chung Cheng High School (Main)
Nanyang Junior College 
Chung Cheng High School (Yishun) (CCHY) (Chinese: 中正中学 (义顺); pinyin: Zhōngzhèng Zhòngxué Yì shùn) is a co-educational secondary school in Yishun, Singapore. It is an affiliated school and a former branch school of Chung Cheng High School (Main).
Chung Cheng High School (Branch) (1947 - 2005)
With the start of enrollment of female students by Chung Cheng High School in 1947, student population increased significantly throughout the post war years, and the initial premise of the school at River Valley became increasingly overcrowded. In August 1947, Lin Shi Wan, Chairman of the Management Board, set up a new campus on a plot of land at Goodman Road, naming the campus Chung Cheng High School (Main) while the original school at Kim Yam road functioned as a branch school, renamed as Chung Cheng High School (Branch).
In May 1969, the School Management Committee of Chung Cheng High School and The Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan agreed on an exchange of campus land of Chung Cheng High School (Branch) with a newly built Kong Hwa Wing building adjacent to Kong Hwa School. Chung Cheng High (Branch) was relocated to 339 Guillemard Road, while the original primises at 60 Kim Yam Rd becoming part of the extension for the campus of Nan Chiau Girls' High School. In 1981, following unification of language streams by the Ministry of education, the school began to convert to English stream classes. In the late 1980s, there was an urgent need to upgrade the school facilities and to move to a spacious location. As rebuilding the school on the current 0.6 hectre land was not feasible, the school opted for relocation to a more spacious better-equipped facility.
Between January 2002 and 2005, the school operated at two campuses, the Guillemard site and the holding school at Sembawang Drive. Chung Cheng High School (Branch) was renamed as Chung Cheng High School (Yishun) with effect from January 2006.
|Name of Principal||Years Served|
|Zhuang Zhulin||1939 - 1957|
|Ko Pei Teck||1957 - 1960|
|Kok Chong Peng||1960 - 1970|
|Chuang Wei Lang||1970 - 1978|
|Chua Hun Cheong||1979 - 1994|
|Ong Kian Choon||1994 - 1999|
|Yap Juye Long||1999 - 2006|
|Ong Kock Hua||2007 - 2012|
|Yap Thiam Chuan||2013 - Present|
Identity & culture
As a former branch school and a current affiliated school, Chung Cheng High School (Yishun) shared its heritage with Chung Cheng High School (Main). Chung Cheng High School is named after Chiang Kai-shek, as well as from the adoption of the name of the classical Chinese philosophy work “I Ching” or the “Book of Changes”.
Uniform & Attire
Chung Cheng High (Yishun) adopts the same uniform with Chung Cheng High (Main), with minor differentiating features. The uniform consists of a white studded shirt with eight-pleated skirts for female students, shorts for male students in lower secondary levels, or long pants for boys in upper secondary levels. The studded shirt features two chest pockets and seven metal buttons in total, two the shoulders, two on each pocket and three down the front, a distinct feature of its heritage. The school badge and a red name tag is worn with the uniform, with the exception of councillors which features distinct badges. A blue school tie is worn during important school functions. 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chung Cheng High School (Yishun).|
- "Interesting Facts". Chung Cheng High School(Main). Chung Cheng High School(Main). Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "办校理念、愿景、使命、价值观、校训、校徽、校歌 School Philosophy, Vision, Mission, Values, Motto, Crest, Song". Chung Cheng High School (Yishun). Chung Cheng High School (Yishun). Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "Chung Cheng High School (Branch) at Guillemard Road, between 1969 and 1979 - BookSG - National Library Board, Singapore". eresources.nlb.gov.sg. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- "School History". www.konghwa.moe.edu.sg. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- "学校简史 History of our School". www.chungchenghighyishun.moe.edu.sg. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- "Relocation to Yishun". www.chungchenghighyishun.moe.edu.sg. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- "Interesting facts". www.chungchenghighmain.moe.edu.sg. Retrieved 2016-09-24.
- "Chung Cheng High School (Yishun) - Student Handbook (Year 2017)" (PDF). Chung Cheng High School (Yishun). 2017-01-03. Retrieved 2017-04-16.