Chung Hwan Kwak
|Chung Hwan Kwak|
|Revised Romanization||Gwak Jeong-hwan|
Chung Hwan Kwak (born January 22, 1936) is a prominent leader of the international Unification Church, having been appointed to many leadership positions in Unification Church affiliated organizations by church founder Sun Myung Moon. Since 2002 Kwak has been the Chairman and President of News World Communications, which is affiliated with the church and owns United Press International, and numerous other publications, including the Middle East Times, and Tiempos del Mundo, a Spanish-language newspaper published in 16 countries throughout the Americas. He is also the president of the Family Party for the Universal Peace and Unity, a South Korean political party founded by the Unification Church, one of whose main goals is the reunification of Korea. He was formerly the President of the Family Federation for World Peace and Unification (the Unification Church's official title) and has been described as Sun Myung Moon's assistant and advisor. His daughter, Jun Sook Kwak, is married to Moon's son, Hyun Jin Moon.
Speeches and writings
- Dr. Chung Hwan Kwak American City Business Journals, Accessed August 26, 2008
- "News World Communications". The Colombia Journalism Review. 2003-11-24. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- Leadership Team United Press International
- Sun Myung Moon forms new political party to merge divided Koreas Church and State, May 2003
- From the Unification Church to the Unification Movement, 1994-1999: Five Years of Dramatic Changes Center for Studies on New Religions "Hyun Jin Moon's blessing to Rev. Chung Hwan Kwak's (the Reverend Moon's assistant and former president of the FFWPUI) daughter, Jun Sook Kwak, is also a significant point of continuity."
- Tension of the Times Washington Post June 18, 2004, "Sources say that the dominant church official overseeing the publications is now the Rev. Chung Hwan Kwak, a close adviser to the church's founder, the Rev. Sun Myung Moon."
- "United Nations Sport for Development and Peace – FAO". Un.org. 2011-07-29. Retrieved 2012-05-23.