|Birth name||Chung Yoo-yeon|
October 30, 1996|
Seoul, South Korea
Chungdam High School (diploma annulled)|
Ewha Womans University (acceptance annulled)
|Spouse(s)||Sin Ju-pyung (m. 2015–2016)|
|Revised Romanization||Jeong Yu-ra|
|Revised Romanization||Jeong Yu-yeon|
She is a daughter of Chung Yoon-hoi and his ex-wife Choi Soon-sil, who has been arrested amid the 2016 South Korean political scandal for using her friendship with the president Park Geun-hye to illegally interfere in the state affairs, and solicit business donations from top South Korean firms, including Samsung, for a non-profit fund she controlled.
During the investigations of the 2016 South Korean political scandal, Chung Yoo-ra's admission to Ewha Womans University was cancelled due to "preferential treatment in admissions and grading". Her high school diploma has been cancelled as well due to falsified high school records.
In December 2016, South Korea put out an arrest warrant for Chung Yoo-ra for charges including obstruction of justice, after she refused to return from Germany to attend a parliamentary inquiry into her role in the scandal. The South Korean government announced that it would invalidate her passport and seek her arrest and extradition from Germany. The South Korean government also sought the help of Interpol to track her down. On January 1, 2017, she was arrested in Aalborg, Denmark after a tip from South Korean journalists who had tracked her.
- "Yoora Chung". fei.org. Retrieved 7 October 2016.
- Park, Sojung (20 September 2014). "S. Korea wins gold in team dressage equestrian at Asiad". Yonhap. Retrieved 7 October 2016.
- 8:12 AM ET (2016-10-29). "Swirling Scandal Involving Shamanistic Cult Threatens South Korean President Park Geun-hye : The Two-Way". NPR. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- Kim, Oi-hyun (3 December 2014). "Pres. Park's former aide and his wife may be at the center of ongoing scandal". The Hankyoreh. Retrieved 7 October 2016.
- "South Korea scandal: President Park's friend Choi detained - BBC News". Bbc.com. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- "Chung Yoo-ra's admission to Ewha to be canceled". koreatimes. 2016-11-18. Retrieved 2016-11-28.
- Herald, The Korea (2016-11-18). "Chung illegally admitted to Ewha University: ministry". Retrieved 2016-11-28.
- "Prosecutors raid university over influence-peddling scandal". koreatimes. 2016-11-22. Retrieved 2016-11-28.
- "Choi Soon-sil's daughter stripped of high school diploma". koreatimes. 2016-12-05. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "What we know about Chung Yoo Ra, daughter of key figure in South Korea's corruption scandal involving President Park". The Straits Times. 23 December 2016. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- "South Korea scandal: Daughter of Choi Soon-sil arrested". BBC News. 2 January 2017. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- "South Korean woman detained by Danish police". Mynewsdesk. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- "PD Report Tracking down Chung Yoo-Ra Runaway Footsteps in German". Sports Kyung Hyang. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- "German Police keep investigating Chung Yoo Ra Money Laundering Case in German". MBC. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- "(LEAD) Danish court extends detention of daughter of woman at center of Korean scandal". English.yonhapnews.co.kr. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
|This biographical article related to equestrianism is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to a South Korean sportsperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|