Chung Yuan Christian University
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||Zhongli, Taoyuan City, Taiwan|
|Chung Yuan Christian University|
Chung Yuan Christian University (CYCU; Chinese: 中原大學) is a private university in Zhongli District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan. The university was established as Chung Yuan Christian College of Science and Engineering in 1955 by a group of Taiwanese and American Christian educators to train science and engineering talent in the Christian spirit. The school was upgraded to a full university and renamed Chung Yuan Christian University in 1980. CYCU is a Member of United Board.
Education mission and ranking
CYCU's stated mission is "to promote higher education for the benefit of the Chinese people, aiming at the pursuit and advancement of genuine knowledge in order to maintain our cultural heritage and, thus, to serve humankind."
As the University grows in reputation, the Ministry of Education has on several occasions evaluated and rated CYCU as the best private comprehensive university.
The university was originally established as Chung Yuan Christian College of Science and Engineering (CYCC) in October 1955 by a group of Christian educators and local gentry. The college comprised four departments: physics, chemistry, chemical engineering, and civil engineering. CYCC was renamed Chung Yuan Christian University (CYCU) on 1 August 1980.
CYCU has 7 colleges, 26 departments, 24 Masters programs, and 12 PhD programs. CYCU has more than 70,000 alumni.
- College of Science
- College of Engineering
- College of Business (accredited by AACSB)
- College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- College of Design
- School of Law
- College of Humanities and Education
Dr. Samuel K.C. Chang has been the school's president since 2013. Past presidents and administrators include Kuo Ke-tee, Hsieh Ming-shan, Han Wei, Yuan Ta-nien, Yin Shiu-hau, Chang Kwang-cheng, Hsiung Shen-kan.and Cheng Wan-Lee 
- Chang Fan, Political Deputy Minister of Finance (2014-2016)
- Chiu Jeng-jiann, Deputy Minister of Science and Technology
- Deng Feng-zhou, Chinese poet, local historian, environmentalist
- Hwang Jung-chiou, Chairman of Taiwan Power Company, Vice Minister of the Ministry of Economic Affairs (2009-2012)
- Yan Jeou-rong, Deputy Minister of Public Construction Commission
- Yu Hsiao-cheng, Deputy Chairperson of National Communications Commission
- Wen-Hsiung Li, fellow of Academia Sinica specializing in Genomics.
Although similar in name, Chung Yuan Christian University does not have any relationship with the following universities in China: Zhongyuan University of Technology in Zhengzhou, and the short-lived Zhongyuan University which was founded by Deng Xiaoping, existed in the 1940s and 1950s, and later merged into Zhongnan University of Economics and Law and Huazhong Normal University, both in Wuhan.
- "CYCU Motto (in Chinese)". CYCU. Retrieved 2014-10-22.
- "Mission". CYCU. Retrieved 2014-10-22.
- "Chung Yuan Christian University at a Glance". CYCU. Retrieved 2014-10-22.
- "187636 Chungyuan (2007 CF13)". Minor Planet Center. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Office of the President". CYCU. Retrieved 2014-10-22.
- "MPC/MPO/MPS Archive". Minor Planet Center. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chung Yuan Christian University.|