|Headquarters||Zhongzheng District, Taipei, Taiwan|
|Revenue||USD 7.170 billion|
|Website||Chunghwa Telecom Homepage|
Chunghwa Telecom (Chinese: 中華電信; pinyin: Zhōnghuá Diànxìn; Wade–Giles: Chung1-hua² Tien4-hsin4) (NYSE: CHT, TWSE: 2412) is the largest telecommunications company in Taiwan. It has its headquarters in Zhongzheng District, Taipei on the remains of the old Taipei Prison.
Chunghwa Telecom was officially established on July 1, 1996 as part of the Republic of China government's privatization efforts. Prior to this, it operated as a business unit of the Directorate General of Telecommunications for over 100 years. The company’s common shares have been listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under the number “2412” since October 2000, and its ADSs have been listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CHT” since July 2003. In August 2005, Chunghwa Telecom became a privatized company, as the Taiwan government’s ownership was reduced to less than 50%.
Chunghwa Telecom is the largest telecommunication service provider in Taiwan and one of the largest in Asia in terms of revenue. In terms of both revenue and customers, Chunghwa is Taiwan’s largest provider of fixed line services, mobile services, broadband access service, and Internet service. The company also provides information and communication technology services to corporate customers.
- "Chunghwa Telecom 2008 Form 20-F filed with the U.S. SEC". Chunghwa Telecom. Retrieved June 2, 2010.
- "Chunghwa Telecom homepage". cht.com.tw. Retrieved June 2, 2010. 台北市信義路一段21-3號
- "Taiwan email problems due to spam". Green Internet Society. Retrieved July 14, 2008.
- "Hinet Spammer/Hacker IPs". Spacequad AntiSpam Services. Retrieved July 14, 2008.
- The Spamcop reporting service, as of 14 July 2008 listed HiNet as the top target domain of spam reports through its system; see "Domain Summary". Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- Chunghwa Telecom - Official site
- HiNet - Chunghwa Telecom's Internet service provider
- CHT Global - Chunghwa Telecom's US Subsidiary