|Ward of Kobe|
Kobe Kitano weather vane house
Location of Chūō-ku in Kobe City
|• Total||28.46 km2 (10.99 sq mi)|
|Population (January 31, 2012)|
|• Density||4,483.56/km2 (11,612.4/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|Address||5-1-1 Kumoi-dori, Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi, Hyogo-ken 651-8570|
Chūō (中央区 Chūō-ku?) is one of 9 wards of Kobe City in Japan. It has an area of 28.46 km², and a population of 127,602 with 74,814 households as of January 31, 2012. The ward was formed from the 1980 merger of the former Fukiai-ku and Ikuta-ku.
The Consulate-General of Panama in Kobe is located on the eighth floor of the Moriyama Building in Chūō-ku. Also in the ward are the headquarters of Sumitomo Rubber Industries and Sysmex Corporation, a global medical devices manufacturing company.
Places of note
|This section requires expansion. (April 2015)|
- Kobe Chinese School, a Mainland China-oriented Chinese international school
- Kobe Korean Elementary and Junior High School (神戸朝鮮初中級学校), a North Korea-oriented Korean international school
- "List of Consulates in Kansai Area." Creation Core Higashi Osaka. Retrieved on January 15, 2009.
- "Company Outline." Sumitomo Rubber Industries. Retrieved on January 24, 2015.
- "Corporate Profile." Sysmex Corporation. Retrieved on January 21, 2015.
- Home page. Kobe Chinese School. Retrieved on April 11, 2015. "〒650-0004 兵庫県神戸市中央区中山手通６丁目９番１号"
- "ウリハッキョ一覧" (Archive). Chongryon. Retrieved on October 14, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chūō-ku, Kobe.|