Chuprene Municipality within Bulgaria and Vidin Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Chuprene|
|• Total||330 km2 (130 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2009)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Chuprene Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Чупрене) is a frontier municipality (obshtina) in Vidin Province, Northwestern Bulgaria, located in the vicinity of the western parts of Stara Planina range in the so-called Fore-Balkan area. It is named after its administrative centre - the village of Chuprene. In the southwest, the municipality borders on Republic of Serbia.
The area embraces a territory of 330 km² with a population of 2,285 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Chuprene Municipality includes the following 9 places all of them villages:
|Dolni Lom||Долни Лом||229|
|Gorni Lom||Горни Лом||777|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Official website (Bulgarian)