St Andrew's Church, Cheddar
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Church of St Andrew, Cheddar)
|Church of St Andrew|
Location within Somerset
|Town or city||Cheddar|
The church was restored in 1873 by William Butterfield. It contains some 15th-century stained glass and an altar table of 1631. The chest tomb in the chancel is believed to be to Sir Thomas Cheddar and is dated 1442.
- "Church of St. Andrew". Images of England. Retrieved 2006-05-09.
- Leete-Hodge, Lornie (1985). Curiosities of Somerset. Bodmin: Bossiney Books. p. 20. ISBN 0-906456-98-3.
- Poyntz Wright, Peter (1981). The Parish Church Towers of Somerset, Their construction, craftsmanship and chronology 1350 - 1550. Avebury Publishing Company. ISBN 0-86127-502-0.
- Moore, James; Rice, Roy; Hucker, Ernest (1995). Bilbie and the Chew Valley clock makers. The authors. ISBN 0-9526702-0-8.
- "Wait for vicar over". Cheddar Valley Gazette. 29 April 2009. Retrieved 11 May 2009.