Church of the Advent (Farmington, Minnesota)
Church of the Advent
|Architect||Richard Upjohn; John H. Thurston|
|Architectural style||Carpenter Gothic|
|NRHP Reference #||
|Added to NRHP||December 31, 1979|
- This article is about the Church of the Advent in Farmington, Minnesota. For other uses, see Church of the Advent (disambiguation).
The Church of the Advent built in 1872 is an historic Carpenter Gothic Episcopal church located at 412 Oak Street, in Farmington, Minnesota, in the United States. On December 31, 1979, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
The Church of the Advent is still a functioning parish serving Dakota County, Minnesota and surrounding areas. The 1872 church building, which seats only 70 people is used as a wedding chapel, while larger worship services are held in the Michael and Lisbeth Sly Room built in 1976. The rector is the Rev. Elaine Barber.
- Church of the Advent website
- Church of the Advent history
- National Register listings for Dakota County
- Archiplanet article
- Dakota County Historical Society listing