Church of the Holy Cross, Nin
|Church of the Holy Cross|
|Crkva Svetog Križa|
According to a theory from an art historian Mladen Pejaković, the design has an intentionally unbalanced elliptical form designated to "follow" the position of the Sun, retaining the functionality of a calendar and sundial. In its beginning, in the time of the Croatian principality, it was used as a royal chapel of the duke's courtyard nearby.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Church of St. Cross in Nin.|
- admin. "Starohrvatska crkvica sv. Križa u Ninu – Zadarska nadbiskupija". Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "Crkve u sjeverozapadnom dijelu zadarskoga zaleđa" (PDF). Građevinar (in Croatian) (61). 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 29, 2009.
- (in Croatian) Nin.hr - kulturne znamenitosti / Kulturni turizam - croatia.hr - Nin: Crkva sv. Križa - najmanja katedrala na svijetu
- (in Croatian) Izaberi.hr - Nin
- (in Croatian) http://www.arbela.hr/hr-nin.html