Churches on the Hill
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Churches on the Hill are an ecumenical group of Christian churches in the Yonge and St. Clair area of Toronto, Canada. The group works together on projects such as the Churches on-the-Hill Food Bank and other outreach projects to aid the local and wider community.
The nine churches hold occasional ecumenical worship services, most notably an annual Advent Service and a Good Friday Walk. The food bank sponsored by the Churches on-the-Hill is located at the Timothy Eaton Memorial Church.
The group celebrated its fiftieth anniversary in 2006 with the issuance of a DVD, Churches-on-the-Hill: A 50 Year Anniversary Celebration 1956-2006. The group began with six member churches: Grace Church on-the-Hill, Timothy Eaton Memorial Church, Deer Park United Church, Calvin Presbyterian Church, Yorkminster Park Baptist Church, and Christ Church Deer Park. The member churches held a service once a month in the fall and winter, with services conducted by the ministers in turn.
The nine current member churches are:
- Calvin Presbyterian Church (Presbyterian Church in Canada)
- Christ Church Deer Park (Anglican Church of Canada)
- Deer Park United Church (United Church of Canada)
- Grace Church on-the-Hill (Anglican Church of Canada)
- Holy Rosary Church (Roman Catholic)
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church (Roman Catholic)
- St. John's Latvian Evangelical Lutheran Church (Evangelical Lutheran Church of Latvia)
- Timothy Eaton Memorial Church (United Church of Canada)
- Yorkminster Park Baptist Church (Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec)