Churchill Mining Plc is a mining corporation from London, United Kingdom. Its main activity is coal mining. It is listed on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) of the London Stock Exchange since April 2005. The Supreme Court of Indonesia rejected an appeal by Churchill Mining to get compensation for a coal project that the company says was unfairly seized. Churchill Mining has a significant thermal coal development project located in the East Kutai Regency of Kalimantan, Indonesia. It also is active in Australia. David F Quinlivan is the executive chairman of Churchill Mining. The company wants to be active in coal mining in Kutai National Park, which is a major menace to orangutans.
- "Churchill Mining's $2-billion lawsuit will not be heard by Indonesia's supreme court | MINING.com". mining.com. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- "Churchill Mining to consider international arbitration in Indonesia dispute" (PDF). Proactive Investors. 2012-03-16. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "News - Churchill Mining PLC". churchillmining.com. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- "DIRECTORS - Churchill Mining PLC". churchillmining.com. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- "Beendete Protestaktion - Die Borneo Orang-Utans brauchen unsere Hilfe - Rettet den Regenwald e.V." regenwald.org. Retrieved 2014-04-24.