Churup or Tsurup (possibly from Ancash Quechua) is a mountain in the Cordillera Blanca in the Andes of Peru, about 5,495 metres (18,028 ft) high. It is situated in the Ancash Region, Huaraz Province, Independencia District, north-east of Huaraz. Churup is situated south of the mountain Ranrapalca, between the Rima Rima in the north-west and Qullapaqu and Huamashraju in the south-east, at the entrance to the Quilcayhuanca valley. Lake Churup lies at the foot of the mountain.
Ranrapalca (in the distance), Rima Rima, Churup (middle, left), Qullapaqu and Huamashraju as seen from Huaraz
Churup Lake at the foot of the mountain
The mountains Rima Rima and Churup as seen from Huaraz
- ^ a b c Neate, Jill (1994). "Peru". Mountaineering in the Andes (PDF). RGS-IBG Expedition Advisory Centre. p. 13. ISBN 0-907649-64-5.
- ^ a b "Nevado Churup". mincetur. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- ^ Díaz, Felipe (2008–2009). Carta Turística. Cordilleras Blanca, Negra, Huayhuash y Callejón de Huaylas.
- ^ a b c Alpenvereinskarte 0/3b. Cordillera Blanca Süd (Peru). 1:100 000. Oesterreichischer Alpenverein. 2005. ISBN 3-937530-05-3.
- ^ escale.minedu.gob.pe - UGEL map of the Huaraz Province (Ancash Region) showing Churup labelled "Nevado Huamanrripa"