|Stats||Open Game License stats|
The chuul first appeared in the third edition Monster Manual (2000), and the 3.5 revised Monster Manual (2003). The creature was further developed in Dragon #330 (April 2005). The uchuulon (slime chuul) appeared in Stormwrack (2005).
The chuul appears in the fourth edition Monster Manual (2008), including the chuul juggernaut.
Chuul are extremely intelligent, using ambush and advanced hunting tactics to bring down prey. They live in sandy environments such as beaches and deserts, and one of their favorite tactics is to burrow underneath those for sneak attacks. They are capable of swimming, but tend to dislike it. Chuuls usually travel in pairs.
- Uchuulon - The uchuulon, or "slime chuul" is the result of implanting a chuul with an illithid tadpole. The resulting monstrosity exudes a thick, protective slime.
- Williams, Skip, Jonathan Tweet, and Monte Cook. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2000)
- Mearls, Mike. "The Ecology of the Chuul" Dragon #330 (Paizo Publishing, 2005)
- Baker, Richard, Joseph D. Carriker, and Jennifer Clarke-Wilkes. Stormwrack (Wizards of the Coast, 2005)
- Bulmahn, Jason (lead designer). Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary (Paizo Publishing, 2009)
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|