Sir Ciarán Devane
|Chief Executive of the British Council|
|Assumed office |
|Minister||Boris Johnson Jeremy Hunt|
|Preceded by||Martin Davidson|
Ciarán Gearoid Devane
25 October 1962
Devane was educated at University College Dublin where he read for a BEng in biochemical engineering. He also holds a master's degree in International Policy and Practice from the George Washington University's Elliott School of International Affairs.
Devane worked as chief executive at Macmillan Cancer Support from 2007 to 2014. He was appointed chief executive of the British Council in January 2015. As of 2015, Devane was paid a salary of between £185,000 and £189,999 by the Foreign Office, making him one of the 328 most highly paid people in the British public sector at that time. He also serves as a non-executive director of NHS England.
- Who's Who 2016 (2015). DEVANE, Sir Ciarán Gearóid. Oxford University Press. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "HSE Board Members". HSE.ie. Retrieved 2020-12-19.
- "Senior officials 'high earners' salaries as at 30 September 2015 - GOV.UK". www.gov.uk. 2015-12-17. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- "Who's who – the NHS England board". NHS England. Retrieved 2015-08-18. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Birthday Honours 2015: the Prime Minister's list". Cabinet Office. Retrieved 2015-08-18. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "British Council chief executive Ciarán Devane among sector figures knighted in Queen's Birthday Honours". Third Sector. Retrieved 2015-08-18. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Progress on HSE Board as Government notes the appointment of Mr Ciarán Devane as Chairperson". Department of Health. Retrieved 2018-09-18. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)