Cielo Vista Mall
|Location||El Paso, Texas, United States|
|Address||8401 Gateway West Blvd.|
|Opening date||October 1974|
|Developer||Simon Property Group|
|Management||Simon Property Group|
|Owner||Simon Property Group|
|No. of stores and services||134|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||1,245,292 sq ft (115,691.4 m2)|
|No. of floors||2 (3 in Dillard's West)|
Cielo Vista Mall is a shopping mall in El Paso, Texas, United States, owned and operated by Simon Property Group. It is located on El Paso's east side, at Interstate 10 and Hawkins Blvd., and features five anchor stores operating under four brand names, and 134 specialty stores. It is the largest of the three malls in the metro area; its sister Simon property, Sunland Park Mall, is second.
Cielo Vista Mall opened in October 1974 with JCPenney and Montgomery Ward (demolished and rebuilt in 2002 as Foley's, now Macy's) followed by Rhodes (Now Dillard's North) a few years later. In 1978, Joske's opened on west end of the mall and later became Dillard's West in 1987. The mall's north west end expanded and Sears opened in newly added space in 1982. A parking lot structure was built on top of a small reservoir to expand the parking lot was also added about this time. Cielo Vista Mall has undergone some renovations over the years including 1982, 1993 and in 2005 being the most recent. During the 1993 and 2005 renovations most of the mall's large elaborate fountain pools and interior landscaping were removed to make room for kiosk vendors. All of the large wrap around staircases found throughout the mall were also removed in the 2005 renovation. It is approximately 10 miles (16 km) from downtown El Paso, and about five miles (8 km) from the border with Mexico. Simon claims that the mall has 10 million "shopper visits" per year.
- Foley's (became Macy's in 2006)
- Joske's (became Dillard's North in 1987)
- Liberty House (became Dillard's West in 1998)
- Montgomery Ward (closed in 2001, demolished for Foley's)
- Rhodes (became Liberty House in 1974)
- "Cielo Vista Information". Simon Malls. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-08-04.
- Comparison of leasing sheets from Bassett Place Mall  Archived 2007-06-27 at the Wayback Machine, Sunland Park Mall  Archived 2006-10-25 at the Wayback Machine and Cielo Vista Mall  Archived 2006-10-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- International Council of Shopping Centers Archived March 25, 2009, at the Wayback Machine Shopping Center Definitions. Information Accurate as of 2004. Retrieved Feb 20, 2007.
- "Cielo Vista Mall gets face lift". El Paso Times. 2005-02-04.[permanent dead link]
- Simon.com: Cielo Park Mall Leasing Information
- "El Paso mall shooting: Multiple people dead, suspect in custody, police say". NBC News. Retrieved August 3, 2019.