Cilincing is a subdistrict of North Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia. It is the northeastern most Subdistrict of Jakarta. Cakung Drain, part of Jakarta's flood canal, flow through Cilincing to Jakarta Bay.
A large area of Cilincing Subdistrict is allotted for agriculture and industry.
The name Cilincing is possibly derived from the name of the river Ci Cilincing which is the stream that flows south to north in this area. Ci is a Sundanese word for "river". Cilincing is the name for the plant carambola.
Kelurahan (Administrative Villages)
The subdistrict of Cilincing is divided into seven Kelurahan / Administrative Villages:
- Kali Baru - area code 14110
- Cilincing - area code 14120
- Semper Barat - area code 14130
- Semper Timur - area code 14130
- Sukapura - area code 14140
- Rorotan - area code 14140
- Marunda - area code 14150
List of important places
- Al Alam Mosque, also known as Si Pitung Mosque, a wooden mosque built in the early 18th century.
- Aulia Marunda Mosque, built in 17th century.
- The grave of Captain Tete Jonker
- Kalibaru Port
- Kampung Marunda
- Langgar Tinggi or Rumah Si Pitung (Si Pitung Residence), a red wooden stilt house built in the 20th century. This bugis-style house is believed by locals as the house where Si Pitung, a Betawi legendary hero, commit a burglary. A new bridge accommodating cars is being built for ease directly visit Si Pitung Residence.
- Rawa Malang City Forest, a 5 hectares area in Semper Timur Administrative Village which is occupied mostly by Trembesi trees.
Based on DKI Jakarta Governor Rule Number 77 Year 2009, 56 hectares of Marunda Dam will be built plus 12 hectares of Integrated Waste Management, 5.8 hectares of Asphalt Mixing Plant, 43.3 hectares of Public Green Designation and 29.9 hectares of Facilities and Infrastructure for Supporting Operational Functions of the East Flood Canal (Kanal Banjir Timur) or totally 147 hectares project. Marunda Dam will be initially built in 2012.
- Fillet 1883 :292
- "Masjid Al-Alam Cilincing". Dinas Pariwisata Dan kebudayaan Provinsi DKI Jakarta (in Indonesian). www.jakarta.go.id. Retrieved April 13, 2010.
- "Masjid Aulia Marunda". Dinas Pariwisata Dan kebudayaan Provinsi DKI Jakarta (in Indonesian). www.jakarta.go.id. Retrieved April 13, 2010.
- "Makam Kapitan Tete Jonker". Dinas Pariwisata Dan kebudayaan Provinsi DKI Jakarta (in Indonesian). www.jakarta.go.id. Retrieved April 13, 2010.
- "Langgar Tinggi / Rumah si Pitung". Dinas Pariwisata Dan kebudayaan Provinsi DKI Jakarta (in Indonesian). www.jakarta.go.id. Retrieved April 13, 2010.
- Elitha Tarigan (January 9, 2014). "Jokowi Blusukan ke Hutan Kota Rawa Malang".
- "Proyek Waduk Marunda Bakal Gusur Ratusan Keluarga". October 22, 2011.
|This Jakarta location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|