Cill Na Martra GFC
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Cill Na Martra GFC is a Gaelic Athletic Association club based in the parish of Kilnamartyra, Cork, Ireland. The club is a member of the Cork GAA and Muskerry divisional boards. The club fields teams in Gaelic football only, with no hurling played. The club is the home club of Noel O'Leary who won an All-Ireland Senior Football Championship medal with Cork in 2010.
Football has been played in the parish of Cill na Martra in the Múscraí Gaeltacht since the foundation of the GAA in 1884 and before. The first recorded victory of the club occurred in 1887 in a 21 a side match versus the team of Ballinagree.
From then on until the re-establishment of the club in 1978, football had been played on an irregular basis. Since 1978 the club has gone from strength to strength achieving wins Under 12, 13,14,15,16, minor, Under 21, Junior B and Junior A grades.
The club has been playing at the intermediate grade in Cork since 2004.
2012 has been a special year with Cill na Martra being successful in winning the East Region Under 14 and 16 titles in League and Championship. It's U14s made the County final and our U13s, U12s and Minors all made East Region finals, only to miss out.
The crowning achievement in 2012 was the feat of the Under-16s winning County League and Championship, not losing a game in the process.
- Cork Under-21 B Football Championship Winners 2015 Runners-Up 2011
- Cork Minor C Football Championship Runners-Up 2011
- Cork Intermediate Football Championship Runners-Up 2009
- Cork Junior Football Championship Runners-Up 2003
- Cork Minor C Football Championship Winners 1999, 2004, 2013
- Mid Cork Junior Football Championship Winners 2002, 2003 Runners-Up 1938, 1958, 1964
- Cork U16B Football Championship Champions 2012
- Cork U14C Football Championship Runners-Up 2012
- Cork U15B Football Championship Champions 2011
- Cork U13C Football Championship Runners-Up 2011
- "Tadgh Corkery goal crucial as Cill na Martra win a thriller". Irish Examiner. 15 July 2015. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
|This Cork GAA club related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|