Cilycwm lies on the west bank of Afon Gwenlais, a tributary of the Tywi, north of the town of Llandovery. Pont Dolauhirion, a bridge that crosses the Tywi at the south of the community was designed by William Edward's and is a copy of his famous bridge at Pontypridd. The bridge is a grade I listed structure 
The parish church of St Michael's is also a grade I listed building.
- GENUKI page. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "Community population 2011". Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- The Welsh Academy Encyclopaedia of Wales. John Davies, Nigel Jenkins, Menna Baines and Peredur Lynch (2008) pg144 ISBN 978-0-7083-1953-6
- "Dolauhirion Bridge, Llandovery". British Listed buildings. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- "Church of St Michael, Cilycwm". British Listed buildings. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- "Ward population 2011". Retrieved 13 April 2015.
Media related to Cilycwm at Wikimedia Commons
|This Carmarthenshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|