Cina Lawson in 2012
|Togolese Minister of Post and Digital Economy|
17 September 2013
|Prime Minister||Kwesi Ahoomey-Zunu|
|Togolese Minister of Post and Telecommunications|
28 May 2010 – 16 September 2013
|Prime Minister||Gilbert Houngbo|
|Alma mater||Institut d'études politiques de Paris
John F. Kennedy School of Government
Cina Lawson (*1973) is a Togolese politician. She is credited for introducing several changes to Togo's Internet infrastructure by opening the door to other Internet players in order to lower the cost of Internet access in the small African country. She is currently the Minister of Post and Digital Economy in the second government of Kwesi Ahoomey-Zunu. Previously, since May 28, 2010 she has been the Minister of Post and Telecommunications under Gilbert Houngbo and from July 19, 2012 to September 16, 2013 under Ahoomey-Zunu’s first government.
Lawson began her studies at the Institut d’études politiques de Paris in 1994 and graduated with a degree in Economics and Finance in 1996. A year later she completed a DEA (postgraduate degree) in applied economics. She earned a master's degree from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
Lawson began her career at the World Bank, where she worked on telecom restructuring projects in developing countries focusing on regulatory reforms from 1998 to 2000. She was Manager of Corporate Strategy and Business Development for Orange Business Services from 2005 to 2010. As a government minister Lawson is currently overseeing the tendering process for a third mobile phone company to operate in Togo. The deadline is January 2015.
- "Gouvernement du 17 septembre 2013 : des télécommunications à l’économie numérique".
- "Togo : nouveau gouvernement de 31 membres".
- "Site de la République Togolaise".
- Togo : Cina Lawson ministre et membre de l’équipe de choc de Faure Gnassingbé , 2015-12-09.
- "Sciences Po Alumni Magazine, Madame Télécoms". Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- "World Economic Forum : Cina Lawson".
- "Cina Lawson". LinkedIn. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Cina Lawson et Natalie Meyenn : Bringing Cellular Phone Service to Rural Areas, Public policy for the Private Sector, Note No. 205, Mars 2000" (PDF).
- Africa, Biztech. "Togo'sTogo’s 3rd mobile operator to be disclosed in 2015". Biztechafrica. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Site de la République Togolaise, Bienvenue dans la communauté des jeunes leaders".