Cynthia Carmen Burbridge
December 30, 1978
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Title||Miss Thailand World 1996|
Byron Bishop (m. 2005)
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss Thailand World 1996|
Miss World 1996
Cynthia Carmen Burbridge-Bishop (born December 30, 1978) or Thai name Sirinya Winsiri (Thai: สิรินยา วินศิริ), is a Thai of English, Indian, and American descent model, actress, and beauty pageant titleholder, best known as the host and judge on Asia's Next Top Model.
Bishop born in Bangkok and raised in Pattaya, She has 1/8 Thai descent, William Burbridge, her father, who is American and her mother, Patricia, is half English, one quarter Indian and one quarter Thai. Bishop attended Ruamrudee International School in Bangkok and graduated from Public Relations at Bangkok University
Bishop started diving at the age of 5 and through this landed her first modelling contract for an underwater commercial shoot for a diving equipment store.
As the supermodel based in Thailand, Cindy has been a staple of Asia, that has covers for titles like Image, Numéro and Vogue, in addition to having worked for some of fashion houses including Céline, Chanel and Gucci.
Bishop's work in films include The King Maker, which she was nominated for best supporting actress at the 2005 Suphanahong Awards in Thailand, and All I See is You (2016). She has also starred in numerous Thai drama series such as Gossip Girl: Thailand, playing the role of Lily Wijitranukul, The OC Thailand (Thai adaptation of the original American series), Clueless and From Dreams to Eternity.
In 2018, Cindy launched a social-media campaign, #DontTellMeHowToDress. The campaign started when she read a news report about a suggestion from the Department of Local Administration of Thailand telling women to wear modest clothes during the Songkran Festival to prevent sexual harassment. Later Cindy posted a video with her message "don’t tell women what to wear; tell men to respect women" that has taken the internet by storm. Cindy Sirinya Bishop teamed up with the Thai Women and Men Progressive Movement Foundation and UN Women turned the campaign into an exhibition, starting Jun 25, 2018, to raise awareness of sexual harassment and victim-blaming in Thailand.
|2003||Sin Sisters (ผู้หญิง 5 บาป)|
|2005||The King Maker (กบฏท้าวศรีสุดาจัน)||Maria|
|2016||All I See Is You||United States|
|1996||Madame Mod (มาดามมด)|
|1997||Sanaeha Payabaht (เสน่หาพยาบาท)||Michelle||Channel 3|
|1998||Jark Fun Su Nirandon (จากฝันสู่นิรันดร)||Ranee||Channel 3|
|1999||Ruk Lae Patubai (รักเล่ห์เพทุบาย)||Channel 3|
|Ror Wan Chan Mee Ther (รอวันฉันมีเธอ)||Channel 3|
|2000||Prakasit Ngern Tra (ประกาศิตเงินตรา)||Sharon||Channel 3|
|2002||Jom Kon Plon Pa Lok (จอมคนปล้นผ่าโลก)||Sikharin||Channel 7|
|Plerng Maya (เพลิงมายา)||Kirana||Channel 7|
|2004||Jao Sao Glua Fon (เจ้าสาวกลัวฝน)||Chonwasa||Channel 3|
|2005||Kularb See Dum (กุหลาบสีดำ)||Songthip||Channel 3|
|2006||Likit Ruk Likit Luerd (ลิขิตรัก ลิขิตเลือด)||Helen||Channel 5|
|2009||Sakul Ka (สกุลกา)||Walai||Channel 5|
|2013||Paap Ataan (ภาพอาถรรพณ์)||Pinsuda||Channel 5|
|2014||Leh Nang Fah (เล่ห์นางฟ้า)||Grace Miller||Channel 5|
|2015||Ugly Betty Thailand (ยัยเป็ดขี้เหร่)||Sofia||Thairath TV|
|Gossip Girl Thailand (แสบใสไฮโซ)||Lily van der Woodsen||Channel 3|
|Thephabutra Sud Waeha (เทพบุตรสุดเวหา)||Lady Supakawadee||Channel 3|
|Torfun & Marwin (ทอฝันกับมาวิน)||Wipada||One HD|
|2016||The O.C. Thailand (กรุงเทพ..มหานครซ้อนรัก)||Jane||One HD|
|Plerng Naree (เพลิงนรี)||Kanda||Channel 3|
|O-Negative (รัก-ออกแบบไม่ได้)||Doung||GMM25, Netflix|
|2018||The Crown Princess (ลิขิตรัก)||Princess Mona||Channel 3|
|Back in Bangkok||Candy||TBA|
|2015||The Face Thailand (season 2)||Special guest (Episode 4)||Channel 3 (Thailand)|
|2016||Asia's Next Top Model (cycle 4)||Main Judges (host)||STAR World|
|2017||Asia's Next Top Model (cycle 5)||Main Judges (host)||STAR World|
|Britain's Next Top Model (cycle 12)||Judges (host)||Lifetime (UK and Ireland)|
|2018||The Face Thailand (season 4) : All Star||Special guest (Episode 2, 7)||Channel 3 (Thailand)|
|Miss Tiffany's Universe: The Reality Season 2||Mentor||GMM 25|
|Asia's Next Top Model (cycle 6)||Main Judges (host)||Fox Life|
|Miss Thailand World 2018 The Reality||Main Judges (host)||Channel 3 (Thailand) SD|
|2019||Drag Race Thailand (season 2)||Guest Judge (Episode 5)||Kantana Group|
Awards and nominations
|1996||Miss Thailand World 1996||Winner|
|1996||Miss World 1996||Unplaced|
|2005||Suphannahong National Film Awards||Best Supporting Actress||The King Maker (กบฏท้าวศรีสุดาจัน)||Nominated|
- Mydans, Seth (2002-08-29). "Oh Blue-Eyed Thaes, Flaunt Your Western Genes!". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2015-11-10.
- William K.C. Kee (3 April 2017). "Cindy Bishop means business, whether it's modelling or mothering". Star2. Retrieved 13 June 2018.
- "A Conversation With Beauty Queen, Business Woman, Model, Host, Actress and Mom Cindy Bishop". Hot Magazine. 18 September 2017. Retrieved 13 June 2018.
- Kee Hua Chee (2 August 2003). "Cindy gets revenge". The Star Online. Retrieved 13 June 2018.
- "Cindy gets revenge". The Star. Archived from the original on 2010-08-05. Retrieved 2012-03-25.
- "Bangkok Journal; Thais With a Different Look, Flaunt Your Genes!". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-03-25.
- "Indiantelevision dot com's Breaking News : Thai supermodel Cindy Burbridge on Channel V show in May". Indiantelevision.com. 2003-04-07. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- "Interview: Cindy Bishop, host of Asia's Next Top Model Season 4 - LUXUO". LUXUO. 2016-06-20.
- "Gossip Girl Thailand's Humphreys and Lily revealed". Bangkok. Retrieved 2015-11-10.
- Tun-atiruj, Choltanutkun (Mar 30, 2018). "Cindy Sirinya Bishop has had enough of Thailand's culture of slut-shaming". bk.asia-city.com.
- "Sexual harassment isn't our fault, it's mens' - Sirinya "Cindy" Bishop | The Thaiger". thethaiger.com. March 29, 2018.
- Sriyananda Selley, Dhipkawee (Jun 22, 2018). "Cindy Sirinya Bishop is turning her #DontTellMeHowToDress campaign into an exhibition". bk.asia-city.com.
|Awards and achievements|
| Miss Thailand World