|Member of the Ontario Provincial Parliament
October 6, 2011
|Preceded by||Peter Kormos|
|Mayor of Welland, Ontario|
|Preceded by||Jon Reuter|
|Succeeded by||Damian Goulbourne|
|Born||1953 (age 63–64)|
|Political party||New Democrat|
Cindy Forster (born c. 1953) is a politician in Ontario, Canada. She is a New Democratic member of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario who represents the riding of Welland. She has been an MPP since 2011.
Forster was mayor of Welland from 2000 to 2003, and later represented the city on Niagara Regional Council. She was succeeded on Niagara Regional Council by Peter Kormos, her predecessor as Welland's MPP.
She ran in the 2011 provincial election as the New Democratic candidate in the riding of Welland. She defeated Progressive Conservative candidate Domenic Ursini by 5,479 votes. She was re-elected in the 2014 provincial election defeating PC candidate Frank Campion by 8,334 votes.
She is the party's critic for Labour.
- Draper, Doug (November 14, 2000). "West Lincoln Mayor Nelson upset by Alderman Trombetta". The Hamilton Spectator. p. D10.
- "Peter Kormos wins Welland byelection". Hamilton Spectator. March 27, 2012.
- "Summary of Valid Ballots Cast for Each Candidate" (PDF). Elections Ontario. October 6, 2011. p. 19. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 30, 2013. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Welland NDP dynasty lives on". Niagara This Week. October 6, 2011.
- "General Election by District: Welland". Elections Ontario. June 12, 2014.