|Born||February 9, 1961|
|Occupation||Model, actress, and businesswoman|
Discovered by Wilhelmina International Inc. (Wilhelmina Models) at the age of 14, Guyer went on to become the most prolific model to be featured on romance novels. She has appeared on hundreds of covers, which earned her the nickname “Miss Romance”. The commercial print model and celebrity Playmate was featured in a tribute pictorial in Playboy Magazine for her contribution to this popular genre of fiction literature and millions of book sold worldwide.
Since opening Guyer's, a posh eatery and bar (named after her father) on Manhattan‘s Upper Westside, the actress has also made occasional television appearances on reality programs, including The Real Housewives of New York City and the Millionaire Matchmaker.
Guyer was briefly engaged to actor Corey Haim in 2000. Haim proposed to Guyer two days after they met at a Chicago autograph show. Guyer spoke out about Haim's obsessive behaviour after he allegedly threw her against a car, leaving her needing stitches on her chin. Haim reportedly wept afterwards as he apologized. "I saw a sweet little person in there that really needed help," said Guyer. Fearing his volatile mood swings, she paid to book him into the Betty Ford Center, but Haim left after eight days and their relationship soon disintegrated. Haim began to harass Guyer at her apartment, and she was forced to change her phone number and instruct her doorman not to admit him. "We almost knew it was going to happen," Guyer said of his death. "He had a devil inside him, and the devil was the drug."
Film and television appearances
- The Perfect Nanny (2000) as Mandy
- Hit and Runway (1999) as Model Hostage
- "Martial Law" (1998) as Bunny (1 episode – Lock-Up)
- Summer of Fun (1997)
- The Mirror Has Two Faces (1996) as Taxi Stealer
- Space Ghost Coast to Coast (1994) as Herself (1 episode – Punch)
- Soldier's Fortune (1991) (as Cynthia Guyer) as Jennifer
- Cool Blue (1990) as Girl in Gallery
- Psycho Cop (1989) (as Cynthia Guyer) as Julie
- Warm Summer Rain (1989) as Nurse 1
- Jack's Back (1988) as Neighbor
- the Millionaire Matchmaker (Herself)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on May 5, 2018. Retrieved May 5, 2018.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Fleming, Kirsten (February 8, 2009). "Queen of Hearts". New York Post. Archived from the original on November 1, 2010. Retrieved August 12, 2010.
- "Randy Ritchwood Crowned Oxygen's First Mr. Romance". Archived from the original on July 7, 2011. Retrieved November 30, 2010.
- "Corey Haim dead at 38". talktalk.co.uk. March 10, 2010.
- "Cindy Guyer on Page Six, 2001". New York Post. 2001. Retrieved April 15, 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "Dope made Corey Haim a monster". New York Post. March 13, 2010. Retrieved April 15, 2010. Check date values in:
|year= / |date= mismatch(help)
- "Corey Haim ex-fiancée: I knew he was going to die". Life and Style. March 25, 2010. Retrieved March 26, 2010.
- IMDB page