The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||September 5th, 1975|
|Died||October 15, 2018 (aged 43)|
|Alma mater||University of Florida|
Cindy Sang-Ching Li (September 5, 1975 - October 15, 2018) was a web designer, author, and speaker known for her expertise in CSS, user experience, and accessibility. She was a member of the CSS Working Group created by the World Wide Web Consortium. Li began her design career in 1996 and is an author of a web design blog, several articles for net (magazine), and co-author of Professional CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design, 2nd ed. She also co-founded CupCakeCamp in 2008. In 2012 she was listed as one of .net magazine’s 20 Leading Web Designers.
Books and articles
Professional CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design
Find the perfect colour for your website
Li's net (magazine) article Find the perfect colour for your website is a guide to using color to improve the attractiveness and usability of a website while remaining accessible. It was published in 2014.
Cindy Li gave opening keynotes at web design and user experience conferences, and was a frequent speaker at design and interaction conferences, most notably An Event Apart, Future of Web Design, Open Web Camp, and South by Southwest Interactive.
- Typeset the 1996 Atlanta Olympics wall
- Book cover designer of The Whuffie Factor
- Ficlets – user interface design and programming
- CupCakeCamp co-founder and San Francisco organizer
- Lead designer for the relaunch of Flickr for iOS in 2012
- "Obituary for Cindy Sang-Ching Li : English Funeral Home". Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- Professional CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design. Wrox. 2008. ISBN 9780470177082.
- "CupCakeCamp Comes To San Francisco". 2008-05-26. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- "20 leading web designers' desks for your inspiration". .net magazine. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- "Find the perfect colour for your website". .net magazine. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- "Cindy Li will give the opening keynote at the 2012 National Web Design Contest". Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- "Cindy Li to open Web 2013 Conference at Penn State". Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- "An Event Apart: Cindy Li Speaker Profile". Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- Hunt, Tara (2009). The Whuffie Factor: Using the Power of Social Networks to Build Your Business. New York: Crown Business. ISBN 978-0-307-40950-8.
- "Tara Hunt: My Cindy Li Story". Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- Christopher Schmitt (2018). "The Cindy Li Interview". Retrieved 2018-10-27.
|This biographical article about someone involved with the Internet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|