Cinema of Oman
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Cinema of Oman|
Cinema in Sur
|Gross box office (2012)|
The cinema of Oman is very small. There is only one Omani film, Al-Boom (2006), as of 2007. Partly inspired by Samuel Beckett's Waiting For Godot, Al-Boom deals with the challenges facing a small fishing community.
A joint US-Indian-Omani production, Pirate's Blood, starred local and international actors. Stegath Dorr's film Blood Desert was released in 2014, many years after it premiered at the 2006 Oman Film Festival. A few Hollywood movies have been partly filmed in the country.
An annual film festival is held in Muscat.
Films shot in Oman
- Blood Desert (filmed in 2006)
- Captain Phillips (2013)
- Killer Elite (2011)
- Operation Oman (2014)
- Pirate's Blood (Hollywood) (2010)
- Given more than i had (Bollywood, Director - Renny Johnson ) (2016)
- "International Box Office: 13 Hot Emerging Markets". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Oman Film Society official site
- The Hindu article about Indian-Omani film links
- Article about the prospects for Oman's film industry
- Gulf News article on 'Al-Boom'
- Small article on 'Al-Boom'
- Interview with Khaled Abdul Raheem Al-Zadjali
- IMDB entry for Oman