|Headquarters||New York, NY|
Founder & Executive Director
Cinereach is a nonprofit film funding organization in New York, NY, founded in 2006, which provides grants, awards, an annual fellowship, and in-house film production. The organization also has partnerships with other film development organizations such as the Sundance Institute and other film funding organizations.
In 2009, Cinereach funded $1.5 million of Sundance Film Festival grants over three years. The funding supports a minimum of twelve feature and documentary films developed at Sundance. In June 2011, four grants each were given for post-production and development for feature films, and for documentaries, one development and two production grants were made.
The organization provides direct annual grants to fund development, production, and post-production in documentary and feature film categories.
Recipients of the Cinereach Producers Initiative award have included Karin Chien, Julie Goldman, Lars Knudsen, Heather Rae, Joslyn Barnes, Shrihari Sathe and Jay van Hoy.
- "Online Version of Publication 78 Search Results". IRS.gov.
- Cinereach website.
- Smith, Shannon (July 6, 2009) "Sundance adds $1.5 million grant - Cinereach to fund projects, establish fellowship". Variety.
- Farhat Kassab, Sally (September 6, 2011). "Skoll Foundation extends partnership with Sundance Institute Documentary Film program". Skoll Foundation.
- Means, Sean P. (June 7, 2011). "Sundance Institute, Cinereach dole out money to indie film projects". Salt Lake Tribune.
- "Grants - Recipients". Cinereach.org.
- Fishel, Catharine; Gardner, Bill (2011). LogoLounge 6: 2,000 International Identities by Leading Designers. Rockport Publishers.