|Comune di Cinisi|
Location of Cinisi in the Province of Palermo
|Metropolitan city||Palermo (PA)|
|Frazioni||Punta Raisi, Orsa, Pozzillo, Carini, Terrasini|
|• Mayor||Gianni Palazzolo (Civic List)|
|• Total||33.16 km2 (12.80 sq mi)|
|Elevation||75 m (246 ft)|
|• Density||370/km2 (960/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Santa Fara|
The town is part of the Palermo metropolitan area, borders with the municipalities of Carini and Terrasini and count the civil parish (frazione) of Punta Raisi, seat of Palermo Airport. It is 36 kilometres (22 mi) from Palermo centre, 77 kilometres (48 mi) from Trapani and 31 kilometres (19 mi) from Alcamo.
The Falcone-Borsellino Airport of Palermo, also known as Punta Raisi, is located in its municipal territory. Cinisi counts a pair of train stations (Cinisi-Terrasini on the Palermo-Trapani line and Punta Raisi, served by the Palermo metropolitan railway service) and is served by the A29 motorway.
- Giovanni Meli (1740–1815), Sicilian poet.
- Giuseppe Impastato (1948–1978), political activist against Mafia. The 2000 film I cento passi, dedicated to him, was filmed in Cinisi.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- (in Italian) Source Archived July 1, 2011, at the Wayback Machine: ISTAT 2011
- "The World Gazetteer". Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-02-24.
Media related to Cinisi at Wikimedia Commons
|This Sicilian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|