This species is dull brownish-grey overall. It is slightly paler and duller underneath. As its name suggests, it has a wash of cinnamon brown at the vent. It measures 28 cm (11 in) long.
Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forest and subtropical or tropical moist montane forest. Declines in range and population are likely contributed to continuing habitat loss and degradation, which has caused this species to be classified as vulnerable.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lipaugus lanioides.|
|Wikispecies has information related to Lipaugus lanioides|
- "Lipaugus lanioides". Avibase.
- "Cinnamon-vented piha media". Internet Bird Collection.
- Cinnamon-Vented Piha species account at NeotropicalBirds (Cornell University)
- Interactive range map of Lipaugus lanioides at IUCN Red List maps
- Audio recordings of Cinnamon-Vented Piha on Xeno-canto.
|This Cotingidae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|