Cinq études de bruits
Cinq études de bruits (Five Studies of Noises) is a collection of musical compositions by Pierre Schaeffer. The five études were composed in 1948 and are the earliest pieces of musique concrète, a form of electroacoustic music that utilises recorded sounds as a compositional resource.
- Étude aux chemins de fer - trains
- Étude aux tourniquets - toy tops and percussion instruments
- Étude violette - piano sounds recorded for Schaeffer by Boulez
- Étude noire - piano sounds recorded for Schaeffer by Boulez
- Étude pathétique - sauce pans, canal boats, singing, speech, harmonica, piano
The works were premiered via a broadcast on 5 October 1948, titled Concert de bruits.
- Chadabe, Joel. 1997. Electric Sound: The Past and Promise of Electronic Music, p. 27. Prentice Hall. ISBN 978-0-13-303231-4
- Étude aux chemins de fer at archive.org