Cipayung is a subdistrict (kecamatan) of East Jakarta, Indonesia. The Subdistrict is located in the outskirts of Jakarta. Its northern boundary is Pondok Gede Raya Road, its eastern boundary is Sunter River to the East, and its western boundary is Jagorawi Tollway. Marshes can still be found in Cipayung.
Kelurahan (administrative villages)
Cipayung is divided into eight kelurahan or "administrative villages":
- Lubang Buaya - area code 13810
- Ceger - area code 13820
- Cipayung - area code 13840
- Munjul - area code 13850
- Pondok Ranggon - area code 13860
- Cilangkap - area code 13870
- Setu - area code 13880
- Bambu Apus - area code 13890
List of important places
- Arboretum botanical forest
- Museum Pengkhianatan PKI ("PKI Betrayal Museum")
- Pancasila Sakti or Pahlawan Revolusi (Indonesian "Revolution Heroes") Monument
- Scout's camping ground and recreation area (Bumi Perkemahan dan Graha Wisata Pramuka)
- Taman Mini Indonesia Indah
- Indonesian National Badminton Team Headquarters
- Bambu Apus market
- Defunct Tanjung Barat-Jatiasih railway line. The railway line is now closed after a new line opened in Tambun. Formerly, the line served passenger and freight trains.
Pondok Ranggon Flood Control Lakes
||This section needs to be updated. (February 2017)|
In March 2014, construction started on three flood control lakes were built, predicted to be operational before end of the year. Pondok Ranggon Lake I is 11.5 hectares, Lake II is 5 hectares, while Lake III is 2 hectares. The lakes have a total capacity of 550,000.[clarification needed] The lakes and surrounding area will be used as recreational area with a garden and pathway.
- "DKI Bangun Tiga Waduk di Pondok Rangon". March 7, 2014.