Circle D-KC Estates, Texas
|Circle D-KC Estates, Texas|
|• Total||9.4 sq mi (24 km2)|
|• Land||9.3 sq mi (24 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||502 ft (153 m)|
|• Density||250/sq mi (98/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 9.4 square miles (24 km2), of which 9.3 square miles (24 km2) is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) is water. The subdivision was heavily damaged in the 2011 Bastrop County Complex fire.
As of the census of 2010, there were 2,393 people, 938 households, and 660 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 257,3 people per square mile (99.3/km²). There were 1,037 housing units at an average density of 111.5/sq mi (43.0/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 89.1% White, 1.6% African American, 1.0% Native American, 0.1% Asian, 5.4% from other races, and 2.8% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 17.6% of the population.
There were 938 households out of which 28.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 58.4% were married couples living together, 8.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 29.6% were non-families. 22.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.55 and the average family size was 3.00.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 23.3% under the age of 19, 3.6% from 19 to 24, 22.7% from 25 to 44, 37.0% from 45 to 64, and 13.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45.2 years. For every 100 females there were 103.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 102.9 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $52,983, and the median income for a family was $60,313. Males had a median income of $40,000 versus $30,595 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $22,996. None of the families and 1.3% of the population were living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and none of those over 64.
Circle D-KC Estates is served by the Bastrop Independent School District. Most residents are zoned to Emile Elementary School (former Emile School), while some are zoned to Lost Pines Elementary School. All residents are zoned to Bastrop Intermediate School, Bastrop Middle School, and Bastrop High School.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "US Gazetteer Files 2016-Places-Texas". US Census. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Circle D-KC Estates CDP, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 23, 2017.
- "District Boundary/Attendance Maps" (Archive). Bastrop Independent School District. Retrieved on January 23, 2017. The zone map shows Circle D-KC Estates as being within the Emile and Lost Pines Elementary zones. "Bastrop feeder pattern: Bastrop High School, Bastrop Middle School, Bastrop Intermediate School,[...]"
- "Emile Elementary Attendance Boundary." Bastrop Independent School District. Retrieved on January 23, 2017.
- "Lost Pines Elementary Attendance Boundary." Bastrop Independent School District. Retrieved on January 23, 2017.
- "Bastrop ISD Attendance Boundaries." Bastrop Independent School District. Retrieved on January 23, 2017.