Circle of Freedom
It was formed on 20 November 2006 and, since then, its leader has been Michela Vittoria Brambilla, a former president of the youth section of Confcommercio. The group started as an organisation very close to Forza Italia, although there was no official affiliation, many members were active in other centre-right parties or not members of any party. Silvio Berlusconi himself, leader of Forza Italia, proposed the foundation of the Circles of Freedom during the annual meeting of Communion and Liberation in Rimini in August 2006.
The goal of the Circles was to build a political-cultural group of citizens who want to take part to the national political life by starting from local issues, such as city administration, and to build a united centre-right party in Italy. That goal was eventually reached with the foundation of The People of Freedom (PdL) between November 2007 and March 2009 and the Circles of Freedom were among the official founding members of the new party.
-  Archived January 23, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "A Milano nasce il Circolo della libertà". Archiviostorico.corriere.it. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- "La Brambilla e i Promotori della Libertà". Archiviostorico.corriere.it. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- "Berlusconi attacca: intercettazioni barbare da Stato di polizia". Archiviostorico.corriere.it. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- "Il premier: scendete in campo con me". Archiviostorico.corriere.it. Retrieved 2013-10-09.