Circuit breaker analyzer
In 1984, Megger patented a digital circuit breaker analyzer, controlled by a microprocessor. in 2020 few companies develop software to control circuit breaker analyzers from different devices such as computers, tablet computer, smartphones and others.
The analyzer operates the circuit breaker under fault current conditions. After finishing the test of the breaker, the system measures currents, voltages and other main parameters of the breaker and through a set algorithm diagnoses the condition of the device under different conditions. The final result of the analysis give information about trip times, essential synchronism of the poles in the different operations of the circuit breaker.
- Timing measurements
- Motion measurements
- Coil currents
- Dynamic resistance measurement (DRM)
- Vibration analysis
- Dynamic capacitance measurement
- Static and dynamic resistance measurement
- "Circuit Breaker Analyzer". 2015-03-03.
- "Circuit Breaker Analyzer Includes Circuit Breaker Timing, First Trip Testing & More".
- Documentation of TM1700-series Circuit Breaker Analyzer System