Cirencester Deer Park School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Cirencester Deer Park School|
Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1XB
|Department for Education URN||136527 Tables|
|Head teacher||Chiquita Henson|
|Age||11 to 16|
|Number of students||1,053|
Founded in 1966, the school combined the Secondary Modern with the Grammar School. It is situated at the top of Tetbury Hill, an area which had been the site of a World War II American Army Hospital, in Cirencester Park. There are 1,053 pupils on roll at the school.[when?] In 2017, the school achieved a "Good" Ofsted report.
In 1991 the sixth form was separated into an independent college, Cirencester College, which now shares the same campus as the school. New buildings were built to replace those it had lost to the college.
Notable former pupils
- Charlie Cooper, actor and writer of award winning BBC three series This Country
- Daisy May Cooper, actor and writer of award winning BBC three series This Country
- Jake Lee Professional footballer with Cheltenham Town currently with Weston-Super-Mare
- Josh Record, singer/songwriter
- Pete Reed Double Olympic Gold Medalist Rowing 2008, 2012
- "Ofsted". ofsted.gov.uk. Archived from the original on 2016-07-17. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- "Peter Reed". britishrowing.org.uk. Archived from the original on 2016-08-05. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "Sir David Carter". gov.uk. Archived from the original on 2016-09-18. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- "David Crossley". slaterbaker.com. Archived from the original on 2016-08-13. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
|This article relating to a school or sixth form college in Gloucestershire is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|