Cisco 12000 series routers feature a high-performance switched backplane providing 2.4Gbit/s across 16 switched ports simultaneously. The Multi-Service Blade module (introduced for the XR 12000 line) provides firewall and acts as a session border controller.
- Gredler, Hannes; Goralski, Walter (2005). The Complete Isis Routing Protocol. Springer. ISBN 9781846281051.
- "Fast Switched Backplane for a Gigabit Switched Router" (PDF). Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University. Retrieved January 19, 2013.
- Duffy, Jim (March 19, 2007). "Cisco adds firewall, SBC module to XR 12000 line". Network World. Retrieved January 19, 2013.
- Leyden, John (15 November 2001). "Cisco high-end routers in DoS peril". The Register. Retrieved January 19, 2013.
- Berndtson, Chad (May 27, 2011). "Cisco Warns Of Vulnerabilities In IOS XR Software". CRN. Retrieved January 19, 2013.
|This computer hardware article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|