|Products||Marketing and public relations software & services|
Number of employees
Cision Ltd. is a public relations and earned media software company and services provider. The company is incorporated in the Cayman Islands and headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. In addition to offering Cision-branded services, the company owns a portfolio of companies including PRNewswire, PRWeb, Bulletin Intelligence, L'Argus de la presse, Help a Reporter Out (HARO), CEDROM-SNI, Prime Research, and Canada Newswire.
Products and services
Cision's software is distributed in seven languages. As of June 2014[update], it was used by more than 16,000 annual subscribers worldwide, including commercial businesses and governmental, educational and non-profit organizations.
The company offers three web-based packages: the "CisionMarketing Suite", the "Public Relations Suite" and the "Government Relations and Political Action Committee Suite". The Cision "Public Relations Suite" allows users to distribute press releases, access a database of bloggers and journalists (with no option to opt-out), and monitor and analyze news and social media sites. The company's "Government Relations Suite" manages government contacts, analyzes lobbying activity, facilitates communication with elected officials and provides PAC compliance software for filing reports to the FEC and state elections commissions.
Through a series of acquisitions, the company provides services in PRWeb, HARO, North Social, Eureka, Vocus, and Media Insight Suite which Cision has continued to operate under the existing brand names.
On September 15, 2014, Cision announced the acquisition of Visible Technologies, a social media analytics company.
On October 14, 2014, Cision AB and Vocus announced a "friendly merger" of the two public relations companies. Cision based in Sweden will relocate its headquarters to Chicago and so will Vocus based in Maryland, United States. The company will be based in Chicago and the combined entity will be known as Cision.
During 2015, Cision also acquired the UK company Gorkana. Gorkana offered monitoring, journalist databases and analysis services.
On June 29, 2017, Cision went public via its reverse merger with special purpose acquisition company Capitol Acquisition Corporation III.
On January 31, 2020, Platinum Equity completed its acquisition of Cision Ltd for $2.7 billion making it private again.
In September 2020, Cision named Abel Clark as CEO, replacing interim chief Brandon Crawley. Prior to the appointment, Clark was CEO of TruSight.
Brandon Crawley returned as interim CEO in February 2022.
In April 2022, Cision acquired Streem, an Australia-based realtime media monitoring company.
In November 2022, Cision acquired Factmata, a media monitoring and analytics technology company.
In January 2023, Cali Tran joined as CEO. 
- 3rd quarter 2018 10-Q filed with the SEC
- Brad Kelly (16 September 2008). "VOCUS INC. Lanham, Maryland PR Software Helps Companies Polish Their Image With Efficiency". Investor's Business Daily. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- Gus G. Sentementes (13 October 2012). "Vocus tackles digital marketing, hires hundreds". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Susan Payton (8 July 2012). "Vocus: Small Businesses Shouldn't Have to Piecemeal Their Marketing". Small Business Trends. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Tanya Lewis (2012-04-30). "Vocus' PR suite info is user friendly and easy to export". PRWeek US. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Vocus Inc. Company Information". D&B Hoovers. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "Vocus pays $28M in cash and stock for PRWeb". Washington Business Journal. 2006-08-08. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- Kate N. Nichols (September 2006). "Pioneering company takes its next step Ferndale's PRWeb sold to national company". Business Pulse Magazine. Archived from the original on 2012-09-06. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- "M-Brain Group's Corporate History". Archived from the original on 2013-03-02.
- "Cision and Vocus Announce Acquisition of Visible Technologies". Cision. Retrieved 2016-06-29.
- "Cision and Vocus Unite, Ushering in the Future of PR and Social Software". www.cision.com. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- "Cision to Retire Vocus Name". Capitol Communicator. February 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- Odell, Mark (22 October 2014). "Media monitoring group Gorkana acquired in £200m deal". Financial Times. Retrieved 2020-09-22.
- "Chicago-based Cision to buy PR Newswire for $841 million". Chicago Tribune. Archived from the original on 2015-12-15. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- "Today's Stock Market News and Analysis from Nasdaq.com". NASDAQ.com. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "Cision Completes Acquisition of PRIME Research". StreetInsider. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "Platinum Equity Completes $2.7 Billion Acquisition Of Cision Ltd". PR Newswire (Press release). Retrieved 2021-09-22.
- "Cision names Thomson Reuters' Abel Clark its new CEO". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2020-09-22.
- Butcher, Mike (26 February 2021). "Brandwatch is acquired by Cision for $450M, creating a PR, marketing and social listening giant". TechCrunch. Retrieved 1 March 2021.
- "Cision Completes Acquisition of Streem". PR Newswire (Press release). Retrieved 19 May 2022.
- "Cision Acquires Media Monitoring & Technology Leader Factmata". PR News. 17 November 2022. Retrieved 20 December 2022.
- "Cision Announces Cali Tran as New CEO". Retrieved 1 February 2023.
- Historical business data for Cision Ltd.:
- SEC filings