Some members of the band.
|Origin||San Francisco, Los Angeles, California|
|Members||Ezra Feinberg, Marc Dantona, Warren Huegel, Josh Pollock, Meryl Press and Sean Smith|
Adria Otte, Jesse Reiner, Julie Napolin, Diego Gonzalez, Tahlia Harbour, April Hayley, Shayde Sartin, Lorraine Rath, Bert Bergen, and Tim Green
Citay is a San Francisco band currently released on Dead Oceans. The band was formed in 2004 by Ezra Feinberg as a studio project with Tim Green from The Fucking Champs, and some help from others. There is now a live band including members of Tussle, The Dry Spells, Sean Smith, 3 Leafs, and Daevid Allen's University of Errors. Citay performed at the South by Southwest Music Festival in 2007 and 2008.
The band uses acoustic and electric guitars, electric bass, keyboards, drums, and other percussions. The band's sound includes guitar harmonies, long instrumental sections, and Beach Boys-like vocals. The sound has been described as psychedelic pop-rock.
- Citay, 2006, Important Records (CD), Frenetic Records (LP)
- Little Kingdom, 2007, Dead Oceans (CD), Important Records (LP)
- Remixes, 2009, Dead Oceans
- Dream Get Together (2010)
- Citay MySpace
- SF Weekly review
- Seattle Stranger review
- Tiny Mix Tapes review
- LA Record interview with Ezra Feinberg
- http://2008.sxsw.com/music/showcases/band/66228.html[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-07-15. Retrieved 2008-09-17.