- For Citibank Tower in Victoria, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, which is part of Citibank Plaza, see Citibank Plaza.
|Alternative names||Menara Lion|
|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Owner||Inverfin Sdn Bhd|
|Roof||190.2 m (624 ft)|
|Floor area||68,156 sq ft (6,331.9 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Hijjas Kasturi Associates|
Citibank Tower (Malay: Menara Citibank), is a 50 storey Class A commercial tower located close to the Petronas Towers and houses the headquarters of Citibank Syariah. The building was developed by The Lion Group and completed in 1995, and was originally named Menara Lion or Lion Tower until Citibank acquired a 50% stake and moved into the building in 2000.
The building is owned by Inverfin Sdn Bhd, which is in turn, equally owned by Hap Seng Consolidated Bhd and Menara Citi Holding Co. Hap Seng Consolidated obtained its 50% stake in Inverfin in August 2009 from CapitaLand (30%) and Amsteel Corp Bhd (20%) (a Lion Group subsidiary), following IOI Group’s decision not to proceed with the acquisition of the same which it had bid for a year earlier. In May 2010, Hap Seng Consolidated indicated its interest to acquire the remaining 50% stake in building sometime in the future.
- Citibank Tower at Emporis
- "Citibank Tower". SkyscraperPage.
- "Citibank buys into Menara Lion". The New Straits Times. 2000-04-27.
- "Hap Seng unit buys into Menara Citibank owner". The Star. 2009-08-08.
- "Hap Seng buys 50pct of Menara Citibank for RM303.5m". The Edge Daily. 2009-08-07.
- "IOI Corp suspended, buys Menara Citibank". The Star. 2008-08-25.
- "IOI Corp's RM73m deposit for Menara Citibank forfeited". The Star. 2008-11-27.