Cities in Motion 2
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Cities in Motion 2|
|Series||Cities in Motion|
Cities in Motion 2 is a 2013 business simulation game that was developed by Colossal Order and published by Paradox Interactive and is the sequel to the popular mass transit simulation game Cities in Motion. As with its predecessor, the goal of the game is to create efficient public transport systems in different major cities of the world. In this edition, there are several new features that the developers introduced based on community feedback about the previous game, including day/night cycles, rush hours and the ability to create timetables. The additions also include dynamic cities where players' decisions have a notable impact on city growth, and the inclusion of cooperative and competitive multi-player.
Cities in Motion 2 was awaited to come to Linux. In January 2013 the first signs of possible Linux support appeared as Paradox Interactive's developer Shams announced they'll be porting their titles to Linux where possible. Finally Colossal Order announced Linux support on 3 January 2014.
Cites in Motion 2 received mixed reviews. It holds a Metacritic score of 68 (based on 14 reviews), with many critics citing the game's lack of a smooth interface and steep learning curve as the two biggest problems.
- Traffic Giant
- Transport Tycoon
- Chris Sawyer's Locomotion
- Cities: Skylines - a full city simulator also by Colossal Order
- Paradox Interactive (14 August 2012). "Cities in Motion 2". paradoxplaza.com. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- Paradox Interactive (9 January 2014). "Cities in Motion 2 Arrives at Linux Station, Marvellous Monorails Expansion Available Today". paradoxplaza.com.
- Paradox Interactive (14 August 2012). "Paradox Interactive Unveils Cities in Motion 2". paradoxplaza.com. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- Shams. "Linux support".
- "Cities in Motion 2". GameRankings. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "Cities in Motion 2". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "Cities in Motion 2 Review". Destructoid. 18 April 2013. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "Cities in Motion 2 Review". IGN. 11 April 2013. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "Cities in Motion 2 Review". Hooked Gamers. 18 April 2013. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "Cities in Motion 2 Review". Strategy Informer. 17 April 2013. Retrieved 4 May 2013.