|Industry||Documentary, Film, New Media, Storytelling|
|Founded||San Francisco, California (2002)|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA, United States|
|Sam Ball, Sophie Constantinou, Kate Stilley Steiner|
They produce long-form documentary programs such as Joann Sfar Draws from Memory and Green Streets (in progress), and they have produced more than 100 short films. In addition, they provide key production and/or post-production services for independent producers such as Nancy Kates (Regarding Susan Sontag Regarding Susan Sontag); Vicki Abeles (Race to Nowhere); Tiffany Shlain (The Tribe); and Jenni Olson (575 Castro St.). They have produced several films with Academy Award winner Debra Chasnoff (A Foot in the Door and The Respect for All Project), promoting equity in education "at the earliest age possible and on an ongoing basis."
Citizen Film also produces new media projects such as Lunch Love Community, co-directed by Constantinou and Helen DeMichiel; and Half-Remembered Stories, a collaboration with the San Francisco Jewish Film Festival.
- "Joann Sfar Draws from Memory - KQED Pressroom".
- "Regarding Susan Sontag Team".
- "Race to Nowhere - Team".
- "The Tribe - Credits".
- "575 Castro St. - Credits".
- "A Foot in the Door - Filmmakers".
- "Respect for All - Miami University Libraries".
- "Respect for All - Quote".
- "Lunch Love Community - KQED - Bay Area Bites".
- "Half-Remembered Stories - San Francisco Bay Guardian".