||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (August 2011)|
Type of site
|social networking / information site|
City-Data is a Illinois-based social networking and information website that presents data and information pertaining to U.S. cities, and offers public online forums for discussion. United States cities, counties, zip codes, and neighborhoods are profiled and compared using governmental data about race, income, education, crime, weather, housing, maps, air pollution, and religions, for instance. The site contains information about home value estimates (including recent home sales), local businesses, schools (including their demographics and test scores), hospitals, libraries, tourist attractions, local businesses, restaurant inspection findings, building permits, bridge conditions, hotels, water systems, airports, cell phone towers, property tax assessments, and car accidents.
City-data.com is owned and operated by Advameg, Inc of Hinsdale, Illinois. The parent company does not pay fees to participate in the Better Business Bureau program. The BBB has given City-Data and Advameg F ratings.< The information on the website includes consumer names and street addresses, obtained via FOIA requests and other public records; City-Data has an opt-out feature to break the web-visible association between names and street addresses, but does not remove the consumer names themselves.
- "City-Data.com". bbb.org. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Advameg, Inc.". Advameg.com. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Advameg.com". bbb.org. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Requests to disassociate name from street-level assessment address". city-data.com. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- Cohen, Lauren (1 February 2010). "Mother and son reunited 17 years after kidnap". The Times. Archived from the original on 4 February 2010. Retrieved 2014-10-22.