City Attorney of San Francisco
|Jurisdiction||Government of San Francisco|
San Francisco, California|
|Website||City Attorney website|
The City Attorney of San Francisco is an elected position in the City and County of San Francisco, California. While city-county consolidation resulted in the unified government attaining both a city attorney and a district attorney, the two positions are separate and serve different purposes.
The City Attorney is assisted by a number of Assistant City Attorneys.
The present City Attorney position was created in 1899, when the former offices of the City Attorney and County Attorney were unified; Franklin Knight Lane was the first City Attorney elected under this regime.
List of City Attorneys
- Dennis Herrera (2002–present)
- Louise Renne (1986 - 2001)
- George Agnost (1977 - 1986)
- Thomas Martin O'Connor (1961 - 1977)
- Dion R. Holm (1949 - 1961)
- John J. O'Toole (1926 - 1949)
- George Lull (1916 - 1926)
- Percy V. Long (1908-1916)
- William J. Burke (1906 - 1908)
- Percy V. Long (1902-1906)
- Franklin Knight Lane (1899 - 1902)
City Attorneys before fusion
|This California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|