|Written by||Hwang Joo-ha|
|Directed by||Yang Yun-ho|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|Production company(s)||100 Media|
Adapted from the comic book of the same title by Shin Hyung-bin, the action series was originally budgeted at ₩4 billion. Starring Kim Hyun-joong, Jeong Yu-mi and Namkoong Min, it began filming in Japan in July 2012. Due to Kim's Korean Wave fanbase, international broadcasting rights were pre-sold to Japan, China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
But in February 2013, prospective broadcaster KBS denied it a slot in their 2013 drama lineup, because network officials found the series "too violent" and its quality not up to their standards. Unable to secure a slot with the other two major channels in Korea, MBC and SBS, filming was halted and the project cancelled.
Japanese satellite/digital terrestrial channel DATV was one of the show's investors, and in July 2013, it aired the one-hour TV special City Conquest: Episode Zero, showing existing footage shot on location in Nikko, Utsunomiya and Kinugawa, as well as behind-the-scenes clips. The special was uploaded on YouTube and was also released on a Japan-only Blu-ray/DVD.
A young man named Baek Mi-reu blames his father for abandoning him and his mother, which sets him on the path of revenge upon the evils of society.
- Kim Hyun-joong - Baek Miru
- Jeong Yu-mi - Lee Dan-bi
- Namkoong Min - Cha Ji-ryong
- Kim Seung-woo - Baek Seung-hyun, Mi-reu's father
- Park Hyo-jun - Park Gwang-ya
- Kim Hee-won - Choi Yeong-soo
- Kim Young-ho - Cha Seong-gwang
- Choi Cheol-ho
- Lee, Hye-ji (20 July 2012). "Kim Hyun-joong signals roaring return with City Conquest". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- Suk, Monica (7 August 2012). "Kim Hyun-joong shows his acting passion in City Conquest". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- Lee, Hye-ji (23 August 2012). "Kim Hyun-joong shows his soft side while shooting City Conquest". 10Asia. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- Suk, Monica (4 June 2012). "Kim Hyun-joong's City Conquest local air date unsettled, pre-sold to 4 countries". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- Sunwoo, Carla (1 February 2013). "KBS cancels Kim Hyun-joong drama". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- Hong, Lucia (29 June 2012). "Kim Hyun-joong to travel across Japan for City Conquest shooting". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- Lee, Hye-ji (21 August 2012). "Kim Hyun-joong hangs out with co-stars on City Conquest set". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- Lee, Tae-ho (25 September 2012). "Kim Hyun-joong's City Conquest Set to Host 16,000-seated Production Report Conference in Japan". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- Hong, Lucia (27 June 2012). "Jung Yu-mi adds City Conquest to her growing TV series resume". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- Suk, Monica (19 June 2012). "Nam Goong-min joins Kim Hyun-joong in City Conquest". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-19.