A Keisei AE100 series EMU
|Service type||Limited express|
|Locale||Kanto region, Japan|
|First service||17 July 2010|
|Current operator(s)||Keisei Electric Railway|
|Average journey time||57 minutes|
|Line used||Keisei Main Line|
|Seating arrangements||Forward facing 2+2|
|Rolling stock||Keisei AE100 series EMUs|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||1,500 V DC overhead|
The Cityliner (シティライナー?) is a limited express train service operated in Japan by the private railway operator Keisei Electric Railway between Keisei Ueno in Tokyo and Keisei Narita in Chiba Prefecture via the Keisei Main Line. The Cityliner service was introduced from 17 July 2010, initially operating between Keisei Ueno and Narita Airport, replacing the former Skyliner services, which were transferred to the new Narita Sky Access route from that date.
Cityliner trains are formed of 8-car AE100 series electric multiple unit (EMU) trains previously used on Skyliner services. Smoking was prohibited in all cars from the start of the new services in July 2010.
The monoclass trainsets are formed as shown below, with car 1 at the Keisei Narita End.
All seven Cityliner services daily were suspended following the Great East Japan earthquake of 11 March 2011 and subsequent energy restrictions implemented in the Tokyo area. Two services daily in either direction were however restored from 10 September 2011, following the lifting of energy restrictions.
From the start of the revised timetable on 21 October 2012, Cityliner services were further cut back to just one return service daily operating between Keisei Ueno and Keisei Narita.
From the start of the revised timetable on 5 December 2015, regular Cityliner services were discontinued, although seasonal services were scheduled to continue until the end of January 2016.
- Narita Express, JR East service between Tokyo and Narita Airport
- １０月２１日(日)京成線ダイヤ改正 [Sunday 21 October Keisei Line Timetable Revision] (PDF). News release (in Japanese). Japan: Keisei Electric Railway. 19 September 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 October 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- "京成電鉄「成田スカイアクセス」開業にともない7月17日にダイヤ改正を実施 (Keisei revises timetable from 17 July coinciding with opening of Narita Sky Access)" (in Japanese). Japan Railfan Magazine. 28 May 2010. Retrieved 28 May 2010.
- "成田スカイアクセス開業！！ ７月１７日（土）京成線ダイヤ改正 (Narita Sky Access Opens! Saturday 17 July Keisei Line Timetable Revision)" (PDF) (in Japanese). Keisei. 28 May 2010. Retrieved 28 May 2010.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2013 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2013] (in Japanese). Saitama, Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 30 July 2013. p. 35. ISBN 978-4-330-39313-1.
- 電力使用制限解除に伴う京成線の運行等について [Keisei Line Operations following lifting of power saving restrictions] (PDF). News release (in Japanese). Japan: Keisei Electric Railway. September 2011. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- Meguro, Yoshihiro (February 2016). 京成AE100形 [Keisei AE100 series]. Japan Railfan Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 56 no. 658. Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. pp. 72–73.
- Keisei press release (May 2010) (Japanese)