City Nord in July 2012
|Location||Bodø, Nordland, Norway|
|No. of stores and services||74|
|Total retail floor area||40,000 square meters (430,000 sq ft)|
|No. of floors||2|
City Nord is a shopping center located at Stormyra in Bodø, Norway. Measuring 40,000 square meters (430,000 sq ft) and with more than 100 stores, it is the largest shopping center in Northern - Norway. The shoppingcenter opened in 1994 and has been expanded several times, first in 2008. The center suffered minor damage in a fire in December 2008
In 2010–11, the center was expanded from 18,000 square meters (190,000 sq ft) to 40,000 square meters (430,000 sq ft) at a cost of 550 million kr, leading to concerns that the center might out-compete shops in the center of Bodø. These fears appeared to be allayed by early 2012, with the trade balance in the town evening out. The expanded center was opened on 10 November 2011 by the mayor of Bodø, Ole-Henrik Hjartøy, and the CEO of Coop Nordland, Lars Arve Jakobsen. The owner bought three surrounding lots for 65 million kr in 2013 and plans to expand the shopping center to between 63,000 square meters (680,000 sq ft) and 64,000 square meters (690,000 sq ft), with construction starting in March 2014 and estimated to be completed before the Christmas shopping season of 2015. The cost of the renewed expansion is estimated by Coop Nordland at 440 million kr. By the completion of the 2014–2015 expansion, City Nord will be among the ten largest shopping centers in Norway. In 2014, City Nord management announced that by November 2015, the mall will measure 65,000 square meters (700,000 sq ft), equalling the size of Jekta Storsenter. City Nord is aimed at a customer base from both Bodø, and the rest of the Salten region of Nordland.
- Røise, Martin Braathen (6 November 2013). "Starter utvidelsen av City Nord i mars". Avisa Nordland (in Norwegian). Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- "City Nord stenger etter brann" (in Norwegian). NRK. 1 December 2008. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- Martinsen, Gerd Elise (7 October 2010). "City Nord utfordrer handelsstanden i sentrum av Bodø" (in Norwegian). NRK. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- Sakariassen, Ingrid Marie (28 March 2012). "Konkurransen jevner seg ut". Nettopp (in Norwegian). Bodø: University of Nordland. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- Myhre, Stine Elise Sotnedal (10 November 2011). "Se nye City Nord". Avisa Nordland (in Norwegian). Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- Jensen, Geir Arne (6 November 2013). "Nå er alt klart for nye City Nord på hele 65.000 kvadratmeter". Bodø Nu (in Norwegian). Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- Jystad, Per Torbjørn (1 December 2013). "City Nord bygger ut for 440 millioner". Avisa Nordland (in Norwegian). Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- Jystad, Per Torbjørn (28 May 2013). "Har sirklet inn Stormyra". Avisa Nordland (in Norwegian). Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- Sæbb, Linda Vaeng (8 September 2014). "Vil handle tromsøværingene ned i støvlene". Nettavisen (in Norwegian). Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- Gustad, Ragnhild; Ramberg, Aleksander (10 November 2012). "City Nord ikke lenger størst i nord". Avisa Nordland (in Norwegian). Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- Media related to City Nord (Bodø) at Wikimedia Commons